1. ACCESS TO HEALTH CARE SERVICES: You have the right to equal access to any medically appropriate service provided by this company without regard to race, creed, gender, age, handicap, psychosocial condition, spirituality, personal values and beliefs. You have the right to have your privacy, safety, and security respected, the right to be free of pain as a result of treatment or equipment use, and the right of being free of abuse.
2. INFORMED CONSENT: We encourage you to participate in all decisions regarding your care. You have the right to complete information regarding your diagnosis and treatment plan and will not be subjected to any treatment without your voluntary competent consent. You have the right to receive this information in a manner that you can understand. *If there is a language or other communication barrier, we will attempt to provide an interpreter or other communication device to assist in our mutual understanding of one another.
3. REFUSAL OF SERVICE: You have every right to refuse treatment. However, you also have the right to be informed of the possible risks involved in such a refusal and assume responsibilities for any consequences.
4. RESPECT: You have the right to be treated with dignity and respect and to have your cultural or ethnic preferences addressed. We also feel that you deserve to be treated courteously under all conditions and circumstances.
5. CUSTOMER CONFIDENTIALITY: It is our policy to maintain strict confidentiality in regards to all customer information. Privacy concerning your care is a fundamental right. Your information will only be released for treatment, payment, and health care operations. DASCO may record phone calls for quality assurance purposes.
6. BILLING: You have the right to expect care, accuracy and attention to details when it comes to processing your bill. You have the right to be informed of charges for our services and of our policies regarding payment for services.
7. CONTINUITY OF CARE: You have the right to receive required services in a timely manner. If, for some reason, we are unable to meet your needs, you will be promptly informed and referred to alternate services.
8. COMPLAINTS: You have the right to voice concerns, to complain when our services do not meet your expectations and to expect solution of your complaint or problem without discrimination, coercion, reprisal or unreasonable interruption of services. To register a complaint, please call or write: DASCO Home Medical Equipment Company, 375 N. West Street, Westerville, OH 43082, Attn: Privacy Officer 800-892-4044. DASCO is accredited by The Joint Commission, One Renaissance Boulevard, Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
9. CAPPED RENTAL ITEMS: Dasco does accept and follow all capped rental guidelines. Medicare will pay a monthly rental fee for a period not to exceed 13 months, after which ownership of the equipment is transferred to the Medicare beneficiary. After ownership of the equipment is transferred to the Medicare beneficiary, it is the beneficiary’s responsibility to arrange for any required equipment service or repair. Examples of this type of equipment include: Hospital beds, wheelchairs, alternating pressure pads, nebulizers, suction pumps, CPAP devices, patient lifts and trapeze bars. If item is not available for rent you may opt for an alternative provider. Equipment in this category can be purchased or rented; however, the total amount paid for monthly rentals cannon exceed the fee schedule purchase amount. Examples of this type of equipment include: canes, walkers, crutches, commodes, and seat lift mechanisms.